- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization.
We want you to know that it is a priority at ILoveStoutMonth.com to keep all personal information in the strictest confidence. We don’t care for SPAM (unsolicited email) and so we don’t create SPAM, we don’t help other people generate SPAM, and we won’t share your information in any way that might possibly result in your receiving SPAM.
- Your private information will only be used for ILoveStoutMonth.com transactions, such as login, ILoveStoutMonth communications, and ratings.
- We will never expose your email address on the site — Internet ‘spiders’ have been known to use posted email addresses to create mailing lists.
- ILoveStoutMonth has not and never will give, sell or lend names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or any other personal information to a third party.
- It’s also ILoveStoutMonth’s policy to avoid and bar advertisers that may attempt to use your personal information for the purposes of unsolicited email. If you have determined you are receiving unsolicited email from one of our advertisers, please report this to us immediately.
- Some of our user data that we’ve collected may be shared with partners but your name, complete address, phone number or email will never be shared with other parties.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
ILoveStoutMonth strives to be an inclusive, friendly forum for the growth of stout appreciation, evaluation and information for the Mountain Sun festival of Stout Month. Accounts at ILoveStoutMonth are currently free and available to anyone with an email address and an Internet connection.
While all ages are welcome to use ILoveStoutMonth as a reference source, it is suggested that membership is reserved for those 18 years and older, and/or legal beer drinking age in your locale.
In order to maintain the proper functionality, quality and decorum, site administrators will quickly delete ratings, posts, or messages deemed offensive or abusive. Failure to abide by ILoveStoutMonth rules and guidelines may result in denial of access. Additionally, site administrators may take additional action against any person who flagrantly or repeatedly breaks the rules or shows no regard for warnings for inappropriate behavior.
By using the site, applying for a user account at ILoveStoutMonth, users agree to the following terms.
- A user who is a producer and/or place or affiliate of a producer and/or place may not rate products and/or services of that producer and/or place
- Malicious ratings of competitor products or guest establishments is strictly prohibited and grounds for account termination
- A stout rating sufficiently below or above a stout’s average and with no reasonable explanation and/or comments may be considered abusive.
- Accounts with false names, visits from falsified or anonymous IP addresses or false emails are prohibited.
- Scraping of the site or otherwise automatically extracting any copyrighted information from the site is forbidden
- Users may not engage in any behavior associated with electronic attacks, attack probing and other behavior associated with malice and intent to harm the site structure.
- User contribution that violates the law in any of the localities, regions or countries where ILoveStoutMonth is published is subject to deletion or modification.
- Any user contribution that appears false or fabricated may be challenged and/or deleted.
- Defamation, whether tied to competitors or not, is strictly prohibited. Reviews or posts deemed to be defamatory, may be brought to our attention and deleted.
- Users who systematically produce ratings with little regard for flavor, aroma and other aesthetic values may warned about their ratings by an administrator. They will have two business days to respond. Deletion may result if the user doesn’t produce better ratings.
- Harassment or defamation of users, the site administrators, ILoveStoutMonth, its products or affiliates is considered abuse.
- ILoveStoutMonth does not allow inappropriate lewd or obscene behavior of any kind, including posts, messages, pictures, or links. Doing so is a violation of the user agreement.
- Posting of commercial advertisements in ratings, messages, the forums or anywhere else on the site without authorization is not allowed.
- ILoveStoutMonth has a ZERO-TOLERANCE POLICY for hate messages of any sort. We have in the past and will in the future move swiftly and decisively to eliminate postings and user accounts of those posting hate messages.
- Don’t be Evil, enough said!
In some cases, ILoveStoutMonth may elect to pursue abuse issues with the Internet service providers of the perpetrator(s).
RULES OF SUBMISSION OF CONTENT, LICENSING & COPYRIGHT
ILoveStoutMonth ratings, articles and other user-submitted information is the sole property of the publisher, ILoveStoutMonth. Any intent for re-use or republishing should be cleared prior to publishing with ILoveStoutMonth. Domestic and International copyright and trademark laws protect the entire contents of ILoveStoutMonth. The owner of the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks is ILoveStoutMonth. The owner of the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks of all Mountain Sun Establishments is Mountain Sun. The owner of the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks of guest brewers is that of the given guest brewer. You may not modify, copy, republish, post, resend, transmit, upload, IN ANY MANNER, THE MATERIAL ON THE SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE without the explicit, written permission of ILoveStoutMonth.
You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. You agree to grant to ILoveStoutMonth a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, sub licensable, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to any public areas of the Site (such as ratings, forums, articles and recipes) or by e-mail to ILoveStoutMonth by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to ILoveStoutMonth the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against ILoveStoutMonth for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to ILoveStoutMonth.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OWN CONTENT
Every user retains the right to republish the content he or she has authored that has been submitted to the ILoveStoutMonth web site, or other ILoveStoutMonth published materials. Example: If a user would like to publish a book of his stout ratings posted to the ILoveStoutMonth web site, he can do so without the permission of ILoveStoutMonth. However permission is required for other data such as stout ratings, other user’s ratings and other proprietary data.
RIGHT TO DENY SERVICE
Like any American establishment ILoveStoutMonth reserves the right to deny service, delete any account, rating, posting, story or any other other content, in part or in full, for any reason and at any time. We also may restrict access to posting, rating, mobile access or any channel or channels of contribution individually.
HEALTH AND SAFETY LIABILITY
ILoveStoutMonth wants all our members to have a safe and healthy relationship with stout. We encourage moderation with attention to quality rather than quantity. We also encourage a responsible approach to transportation and other activities that may be hazardous after drinking alcoholic beverages and support a designated driver program. The ILoveStoutMonth user agrees not to hold ILoveStoutMonth liable for any negative effects of stout and/or alcohol on their health or safety.
The following are guidelines for reviewing and rating products on the ILoveStoutMonth web site or in apps or other software that interacts with ILoveStoutMonth. We trust that our reviewers will make reasonable assessments of the conditions under which they review products for our site.
* A person may not rate or review any products of a producer when he or she possesses more than 10% of, or has invested more than $10,000 in, the production company.
* A reviewer must exercise good judgment when reviewing a sample. Stout samples very significantly damaged outside normal distribution paths, or otherwise distinctly outside the brewer’s responsibility should not be reviewed.
* Reviewers should endeavor to review products under fair and reasonable environmental conditions.
Name, trademark, and URL may be used without restriction for journalistic purposes. Use of the ILoveStoutMonth name or trademark for commercial or promotional purposes is subject to the terms of the ILoveStoutMonth Licensing Program.
OK, now that we’ve covered that, let’s get back to drinking Stout!